Center For New Beginnings
Child and Adolescent Services
- Parenting Training for the Management of Behavioral Issues
- Individual therapy for ADHD Management
- Communication and Coordination of Care with your child's school to facilitate compliance with IEP or 504B recommendations
- Therapy for Trauma and Abuse including witnessing or being a victim of Domestic and/or Sexual Violence.
- Family Therapy with your child to improve communication and understanding.
- Formal Testing and Assessment Services Coming Soon!
Your child or adolescent may be referred for services due to a variety of concerns which may include, but are not limited to, social adjustment, inappropriate behavior at home or school, poor school achievement, developmental delays, or trauma issues. As such, it is imperative that children and adolescents be provided with caring, age-appropriate and professional treatment.
Our therapists employ a variety of techniques in working with children and adolescents within a warm and accepting environment. It is important to the success of our treatment to create an ambiance of safety as we help our young clients to learn new ways of coping with their difficulties.
We use talking and play therapy approaches to facilitate assertive self-expression and decrease acting-out behaviors. Other approaches we may use include art, music, or movement therapy techniques to bridge the gap between verbal and non-verbal communication and to foster personal growth.
Treatment may, and probably will also involve working with you, the parent or guardian, to help you better understand your child's individual needs and maintain your guidance and positive influence in your child's life.